Monday, December 22, 2008

what a difference a year makes : )


So, we took Brooke downtown on Saturday evening for some good 'ole Christmas Cheer.  Macy's has a ton of stuff going on for the holidays - Santa repelling off a roof, fireworks, cookies & storytime with Mrs. Claus, etc. - and there were tons of people downtown.  This alone was nice to see in Cincinnati.  Brooke enjoyed the repelling Santa Claus until he started doing tricks and flips down the side of the building, and then she said "I don't like that!"  Then the fireworks gave her a big startle, so we headed into Macy's to see Santa.  I've been trying to get Brooke psyched up to sit on Santa's lap, but I knew I hadn't completely convinced her.  She'd go back and forth saying "I want to sit on Santa's lap" and then the next sentence out of her mouth would be "I don't like sit on Santa's lap."  So, as you can see in this picture, Brooke didn't want any part of Santa.  Luckily this was a free Santa Claus visit where you take your own pictures, so not much was really lost.  Brooke started screaming the second we got to the front of the line.  There was NO WAY she was sitting on his lap.  She did manage to hand Santa her favorite Christmas book "Santa's Jolly Belly" which you see Santa displaying in our photo.  He was a good sport!  Thankfully, Brooke liked Mrs. Claus a lot better.  Right after this experience we took her to the children's department for storytime with Mrs. Claus.  There were tons of kids huddled around Mrs. Claus, and they were passing out cookies.  Enough said.  Redemption! After our adventurous night out on the town, Brooke awoke the next morning saying "I sat on Santa's lap."  Kevin and I said "you didn't sit on Santa's lap!"  To which Brooke replied "I cried."

No comments: